Monday, May 11, 2015

A Little 2 Close for Comfort

Stage 2 was a majority downhill profile, but what it lacked in climbing, it made up for in wind. The nerves and tension were high for he majority of the stage. Again the wind never amounted to anything happening, but we rode at the front just to be sure we were positioned well in case something did happen. Markel was in the breakaway today, so the others helped protect Riccardo and me. In the finale, they helped place Danny for the sprint, where he took 5th. A little better than yesterday, but he's hoping for even better in the next sprint stages. That won't be tomorrow, but possibly the next two days after. I'm happy tomorrow is likely to be a bit more selective because I'm tired of the stress already! I narrowly avoided the late crash today. I have some scuff/bruise on my left shoulder as a result, but I have no idea how I got it. I never went down, but someone/thing hit me from behind or on the side I guess. As a result of getting tangled up in that crash though, I had to chase really hard to regain contact with the raging peloton. Luckily I made it back and did not suffer any time loss. I'm looking forward to the climbs of tomorrow and hoping for good legs. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Show 'em what all those lonely, brutal two-a-days on the trainer/rollers the last few months have instilled in your legs and in your mental toughness. No fear, no nerves tomorrow, just crushing souls on the climbs. Cheers from Wisconsin - go Flip!

Scott K said...

Watching and wishing for monster legs tomorrow. Ride hard and strong my friend. Cheers from Minnesota!

Anonymous said...

You are still in the running after Stage 3. Looking good! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Go Norse!